[mythtv-users] Is the GUI slow for everyone or just for me?

Mike J. Harrison MJHarrison at eclnet.com
Wed May 26 12:00:05 EDT 2004

[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Grant Edwards
>Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 8:25 AM
>To: Discussion about mythtv
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Is the GUI slow for everyone or just for
me?

>On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 10:25:11AM +1000, Brian May wrote:

> For me, the GUI is pretty fast, except for the "delete recording"
> option which seems to be excessively slow. The confirmation dialog is
> still displayed during this period, so the user typically keeps
> pushing OK, thinking the first push wasn't received, and finds the
> events are queued up and processed after the delete recording
> operation finishes.

>Yup.  I fall for that every time.  It would be nice if there was some
indication that the button-press had been received and the operation was
pending.

>--
>Grant Edwards
>grante at visi.com

I use xfs on the partition that all my videos are on, and they delete
instantly.  If you're using ext3, that might be your problem.  I've
heard it has issues deleting large files.  There's a walkthrough in
Jarod's guide of how to convert a partition to xfs, so I recommend
trying that first.

Mike