[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV CVS & DataDirect - Success!

Mike Jasper e394td at comcast.net
Wed May 26 14:06:32 EDT 2004

On 5/26/2004 12:47 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> On May 21, 2004, at 00:49, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 12:29:06AM -0700, David Rees wrote:
>>
>>> I upgraded to MythTV CVS using the bleeding ATRPMs repository tonight.
>>>
>>> So far, things appear to be working great, nothing abnormal all and the
>>> new data direct feed worked perfectly following the directions in the
>>> howto: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-21.html#ss21.19
>>

>> Thanks for the feedback on the CVS rpms!
>

> Works for me too. I just upgraded both my production systems to 'em
> tonight, converted everything over to DataDirect. Piece o' cake. Aside
> from the channel icon replace command not working (no biggie to me, and
> no time to hunt for a mysql 3.x compatible solution right this moment).

Yeah, this is weird.  It won't work for me, either, but the UPDATE
syntax is correct, according to the mysql docs.  I get the following error:

mysql> UPDATE channel,channel_copy SET channel.icon=channel_copy.icon
WHERE channel.callsign=channel_copy.callsign;

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'channel_copy SET
channel.icon=channel_copy.icon WHERE channel.callsign=channel_c' at line 1

Anyone have success with this?