[mythtv-users] Thoughts on a Stats Reporting Module

Josh Burks jburks at mktinsights.com
Wed May 26 15:37:37 EDT 2004

I know Tivo does this, not sure about ReplayTV. I think it would be nice
if MythTV had a stats reporting feature. I wouldn't have to be extra
fancy (e.g. Tivo keep stats on button presses! I think the Super Bowl /
Janet Jackson clip take the cake on the most times the "rewind" button
was pressed!), just something to keep track of the most watched/recorded
channel, show, episode, movie, etc. It could even keep track of kernel
versions and distro versions, and we could all see at a glance which is
the most popular flavor of linux is running our Myth boxes.

I don't think this would be hard to implement on the client side, just
some sort of daily script (Cron job?) that scanned the db for recording
names, channels, etc, and sent the stats to a master server. The server
side implementation would collect the data, parse it into a db, and post
it to a webpage.

FYI: before someone replies back and says "Gee, that sounds like a good
project for you to take on", I just want to let you know that I'm WAY to
busy, and trust me, I'd like to do this, I just have no free time right now.

--
Josh Burks