[mythtv-users] mythvideo, Q#1 (why "video"?)

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Wed May 26 17:21:30 EDT 2004

Franco wrote:

>Thanks everybody for all the answers!
>As to this:
>

>>Heck with .15 you'll even get
>>nifty recording groups to organize them with.
>>

>could you please give some more information
>on this feature? Does this mean that it will be
>possible to arrange the videos in groups
>(in a hiearchical way?) from within  myth,
>and then move the videos between the groups,
>without loosing the associations between
>the files and al the metadata?

This is for recordings not videos but here's how it works.

When  you set a program to record you can now specify a recording group
for it to be placed in.  While you're in the "select recording" screen
you can press the MENU key to change which group you are displaying.
Groups can have passwords put on them.  And the category of show can be
used for groups as well (so you could have "The Simpsons" in the
recording group "My stuff", but it would also be available in the group
"Cartoons")

If you don't specify a group in the recording profile your recording
will be placed in the "Default" group.  There is also an "All Programs"
group that will show you everything that's not in a password protected
group.