[mythtv-users] mythvideo and removable media

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Thu May 27 05:39:38 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I would like to extend mythvideo to accept files on a CD/DVD. I have
several CD's with .mpeg and .avi files on them. Currently if I want
to play these, I change the video path to /cdrom. This is not really
the way it should be.
What I'd like to add is a way to insert a CD and get thrown into the
video browser. So I can 'just' play what is on that CD. I don't want
to copy stuff to the harddisk anytime I like to play it.

I'd like to probe this list to search for ideas and maybe to find out
that I want something that is already there ;-)

Leo.