[mythtv-users] MythTV - Complete How-TO build on Fedora Core 2

Franco net.surfer at tiscali.it
Thu May 27 16:41:01 EDT 2004

>> The Nvidia drivers and FC2 was a clear example. There
>> was nothing about it at the "official" site:

> That answer is correct, for the most part. nVidia's driver won't work
> with the Fedora Core 2 kernel.

That is not entirely correct. In case it is of interest,
I have to report I had success in getting nVidia's driver working with FC2,
by following the nVidia instructions in the enclosed readme.txt.

Which means, I recompiled the stock kernel with NO agp support.
After that, the card works in accelerated mode, provided that
you place either  Option "NvAGP" "0"  or  Option "NvAGP" "1"
in your xorg.conf.

As a side note, it doesn't seem me that solving the nVidia issue
is so urgent, as Mythtv works the same even if the card is
not in accelerated mode.  The ivtv driver seems more important to me...

Franco