[mythtv-users] Clean 0.15 install, what should I save from the old DB?

Stephen s019 at krans.org
Thu May 27 18:12:16 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 03:57:52PM -0500, Stephen wrote:
> I bought some new hardware to install mythtv 0.15 and thought I would
> start with a new database.  I would like to carry over some of the old
> db data, like previously recorded titles and my recording schedule, and
> anything else that is important/can't be recreated.  What db tables do I
> need?
>
> Steve

With some help from the mailinglist archive, I think I solved this.  I
saved the following tables:

grep "INSERT INTO record " mythtv_backup_20040527.sql > restore.sql
grep "INSERT INTO recorded " mythtv_backup_20040527.sql >> restore.sql
grep "INSERT INTO oldrecorded " mythtv_backup_20040527.sql >> restore.sql

I dropped mythconverg, went through setup, cleaned up restore.sql (my
video source id changed, so I needed to change my chanid for the
"record" table), then ran:

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < restore.sql

Started up mythbackend and everything looks good.  I skipped saving the
recordedmarkup table because I only use mythtvbackend, but others may
want it saved.

Steve