[mythtv-users] problems with Xine

James Colannino email2jamez at dslextreme.com
Thu May 27 19:54:35 EDT 2004

Hey everyone.  I've had a rather odd problem with MythTV.  I have a .VOB
file that I used MythDVD to rip from a DVD.  The xine command I have is:
xine -pfhg --no-splash %s.  Whenever I let Xine play (called from
MythVideo of course) for any significant amount of time, when I hit the
Back/Exit button on my remote (it's the gray PVR-250 remote) it exits
with the following error:

-xine engine error -

There is no input plugin to handle ".
Maybe MRL syntax is wrong or file/stream source doesn't exist

That is a dialog box that pops up.  The weird thing is, if I only let
the video play for a few seconds and then hit the same key, it exits
without error.  It's very weird.  The "Back/Exit" key is bound in
.lircrc (for xine only) to the Quit command, so it should work.  I have
no idea what's going on... :(  Any ideas?

James