[mythtv-users] Luck with PVR-350 card and video out?

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Fri May 28 00:16:45 EDT 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 11:15 pm, Darren Richards wrote:

> The biggest problem I had was if I tried to watch *anything* when a show
> was recording, there was a good chance that the current recording would
> stop. It didn't matter if it was the currently recording stream, or a
> previous recording, or a movie.  So basically, I could only use mythtv if I
> knew it wasn't recording anything, which was a real PITA.  I also had the
> problem of my machine locking up when I displayed the program guide when
> watching live TV.  Even if I didn't bring up the program guide, it seemed
> to crash about once a day.

Bizarre...  One of the things I love is being able to do that without killing
the CPU... I do that on a regular basis...  But are you talking about
watching a recording while making another recording?  I don't think you can
watch live tv while recording another channel...

> I haven't had a single problem since I switched to the geForce4 mx440
> tv-out.  Until now, that is.  I just upgraded to 0.15 and I can't seem to
> get the tuner on my pvr-350 to work anymore...
>
> -darren

Bill Chmura

w. http://www.fistfullofcode.com
w. http://www.explosivo.com

"No matter what, never, ever, ever, ever tell your girl friend she is looking
a little puffy."
-Ancient chinese proverb

"Some people go to bed with Lucifer, then they cry when they don't greet the
day with God"
-Monster Magnet

Without good motivation, science and technology, instead of helping, bring
more fear and threaten global destruction. Compassionate thought is very
important for humankind.
-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Wisdom does not mean knowledge but experiential understanding. Wisdom helps
you to change radically your habits and perceptions, as you discover the
constantly changing, interconnected nature of the whole of existence.
-Martine Batchelor, "Meditation For Life"