[mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.15 from 0.14 - Can't change channel (but guide shows programs)

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 00:46:38 EDT 2004

--- Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> wrote:
> On Friday 28 May 2004 12:01 am, Joe Votour wrote:
> > My apologies if this is in the archives...  My
> > searches weren't too fruitful.
> <snip>
> > Anyway, I followed the instructions from the
> MythTV
> > documentation on migrating from XMLTV to
> DataDirect.
> <snip>
> > , but I
> > can't change channels.
> <snip>
> > Has anybody else experienced this?  Anybody have
> tips?
> >  I'd like to try to fix the database problem if
> > possible, but I'm willing to reformat if
> necessary.
>
> All you should have to do is run setup and go into
> the input connections
> section and re-do that part.
>
> Isaac

Issac,

It turns out that just changing the cable name on the
two tuner inputs on my PVR-250 cards wasn't enough.  I
had to actually delete all of the card configurations
and rebuild them (answer yes to both questions in
mythtvsetup, not just delete the channel
configurations).

Seems to be working fine now though - thanks for the
quick response.

-- Joe