[mythtv-users] Compile requirements for mythbackend

"André Kalus" akalus at gmx.de
Fri May 28 09:01:07 EDT 2004

> > Can I only build mythbackend? What libraries do I need - I hope I
> > can do without QT and only use xlibs to export the display.
>
> You can't do without Qt.  Qt is much more than just a way to display
> things, so you need them.

Any hints from somebody who has compiled a separate backend? Do I really
need mysql or is it sufficent if a mysql server is running on another host?
Do you need LIRC-support in the backend if you want to control the frontend
via IR?
Has anybody compiled MythTV with QT-Embedded as was mentioned in another
thread?

Thanks in advance
Andre