[mythtv-users] rpms for mythtv 0.15

Dan Boger mythtv at peeron.com
Fri May 28 09:48:21 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 03:12:03PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> the Red Hat and Fedora Core rpms for mythtv, all add-ons, themes
> etc. have been uploaded to the usual places.
>
>           http://ATrpms.net/name/
>
> Notes:
> o RH7.3 has not been rebuild for 0.15, since there are some C99
>   constructs the RH73-gcc compiler cannot cope with.
> o Fedora Core 2 rpms are also available
> o mythtvsetup is in its own rpm now.
>
> Many thanks to Isaac and the developer crew, as well as Jarod for his
> excellent guide, and the testers and reporters of the CVS rpms.

Thanks for putting these up!  Now I can attempt to upgrade from 0.14 to
0.15.  Does anyone have an idea which would be "easier":

- Should I just put in a new drive in the system, and do a clean install
  (allowing me to back out to 0.14 if need be)

  or

- Should I just run and apt-get dist-upgrade and let the magic happen?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dan