[mythtv-users] Mythweb problem after rpm upgrade to .15

MalcolmMythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Fri May 28 16:17:38 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nate Thompson" <natet at buckeye-express.com>

> I just got my MythTV box upgraded to .15 via Axel's rpms, but Mythweb
seems
> to be broken. It tries to open the /mythweb/program_listing.php page for a
> couple minutes then returns an error. Everything else seems to be working
> smoothly. Below are the messages I am receiving once the main Mythweb page
> loads. The guide does appear below them. Any ideas?
>
> Warning at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php, line 50:
> session_start(): open(php_sessions/sess_c138f42f11f0e8936979569a2e1f5405,
> O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)

Nate,

I downloaded Mythtv and all the modules and installed the hard way.  I had
exactly the same problem.  What I had to do to fix it is change to my
mythweb installation (/var/www/html/mythweb/) and create a php_sessions
directory.  I had this same problem when I updated from 0.13 to 0.14.
The mythweb tar ball you extract and copy over there does not create that
one directory for what ever reason.

Good luck
Malcolm