[mythtv-users] Issues with Priorities?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri May 28 22:25:57 EDT 2004

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. wrote:
>         Yeah, the DataDirect listings have episode descriptions that
> are longer and more detailed than the those of the old zap2it listings
> so the match against the oldrecorded description doesn't work.  I'm
> not complaining, though.  DataDirect has so many more advantages.

True. I actaully thought this was going to be more of a problem
than it seems to be. Many of the old and new descriptions do
still match but often the new ones are longer. Subtitles should
always be the same tho.

If you are looking through upcoming recordings and recognize
a dup, press Enter and click "Never record". Not only will this
prevent recording the dup but it will make a new entry in the
"oldrecorded" table with the "programid". This means that it will
absolutely match the next time the episode is rebroadcast even
if there is a slight variation in the description. Over time
as more of your new recordings add programids to the database,
your duplicate matching will become more and more accurate. I'm
really happy we have programids for things like MXC and Oblivious.

--  bjm