[mythtv-users] 0.15 and PVR-250 only recording a few sec

mythtv_user mythtv_user at lambdaaccess.com
Fri May 28 23:06:49 EDT 2004

I was running 0.14 and RH9 without many problems, but I wanted to
upgrade to a larger HD so I figured I would go to 0.15 and FC1 in the
process.
I followed Jarod's guide as I had done the same to get my RH9 system
working.

The result is I get only a few seconds of video in live TV followed by:
Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds. Game Over, man
on the back end

And:

Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...

on the front end

immediately when the live image came up cleared this issue for some
people.  That is not the case for me.  The system still dies after about
15 seconds.  If I schedule a recording instead of trying to watch live
TV I also end up with a recording that only lasts a few seconds.

cat /dev/video0 > file.mpg
works fine

A previous poster on this subject also mentioned they saw the same issue
when their pvr-250 was on the same interrupt as another device.  Seemed
like a long shot since I would imagine a lot of people have some irq
sharing.  lspci -v showed the USB controller and PVR-250 were both on
IRQ 5.  I don't have any USB devices so I tried disabling USB in the
bios.  This resulted in the PVR-250 as the only user as IRQ5, but no
change in the performance.

Anyone have any suggestions?