[mythtv-users] I can see the Title Bar in Myth .15

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sat May 29 07:17:01 EDT 2004

Op zaterdag 29 mei 2004 12:43, schreef Franco:
> >> Ever sine I upgraded to Myth .15, the title bar is visible the whole
> >> time
>
> I have the same problem.
> I have two mythboxes here, both just upgraded to .15:
>
> FC1 box -> I do see the menubar
> FC2 box -> no menubar

Though not a propper fix, and only useable if you don't use the machine as
desktop, you could try running the frontend in ratpoison. That's an
ultra-lightweight window manager (uses ~1MB RAM), that basicly doesn't even
have titlebars, every window is full screen. It works rather well with
mythfrontend and mplayer/xine.

On desktop machines you could use the "start new session" feature of KDE or
Gnome. It will start a new X session login screen (regularly on console 8),
so you can login as the mythtv user to run the frontend temporarily (you can
kill that session with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace for example).

	Henk Poley <><