[mythtv-users] Inputs not changed on Matrox Mjpeg card

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Sat May 29 12:57:01 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I posted about this a month ago or so, but nobody replied.  So I decided to
poke around in the code a little bit.

Basically what it happening is that mythtv won't automatically change inputs
on my Matrox Rainbow Runner G card.  If I power down the computer, and
restart it, the tuner will default to using either composite or SVideo.  When
I record with mythtv or watch livetv, it won't chnage the input to
television, so I get garbage recorded (black with wavy green lines).  To fix
this, I have to press c while watching livetv, or fire up xawtv and change
inputs from there.

I had a look at the code, specifically NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp, in the
function NuppelVideoRecorder::DoMJPEG  Early on in this function, there is
this line:

    //bparm.input = 2;

which would always set the input to television, but it was commented out back
in November of 2002.  I can understand why it was commented out, since it is
an ugly hack that would make svideo and composite impossible to use, but I
can't find where the input is actually set, and why it isn't happening for my
matrox card.

Any ideas?

Mark