[mythtv-users] Cannot use MythWeb after changing password.

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Sat May 29 20:11:07 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting this error after changing the MySQL password for the user
mythtv at localhost:
*
Warning* at /var/www/includes/init.php, line 62:
mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using
password: YES)*

Fatal Error* at /var/www/includes/init.php, line 63:
Can't connect to the database server. Did you use the correct settings
in config/conf.php?

The system administrator has been notified and the problem will be
remedied shortly.

I've changed the password in /usr/share/mythtv/mysql so the backend
starts up fine.  I also change the password in config/conf.php but
MythWeb does work.  The odd this is, I can access the db using MythWeb
on another host.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Cecil