[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 0.15: MySQL error and transcoding problem

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Mon May 31 07:24:09 EDT 2004

Asciimonster wrote:

> Firstly, I recently upgraded to mythtv 0.15. But in mythfrontend there
> are no recorded shows in the playlist, although there are plenty
> .nuv's on the harddisk. This is a MySQL problem:
> Query was:
> INSERT INTO settings SET value = 'DisplayRecGroup', data = 'Alle
> programma's', hostname = 'linux';
> Driver error was [2/1064]:

Is this a recording group you named or is this the how the translation
for "All Programs" turned out

> Secondly, it seems like transcoding is broken too... In the backend
> log there are dozens of entries that read something like:
> [datetime stamp] Starting transcoding of ****.nuv
> [Same datetime stamp] Transcoding  of ****.nuv aborted because of
> cutlist update

No it's not broken.  If you search the archive for that error message
you'll find that the topic has been discussed numerous time.  You get
this error if you kill you backend while it's flagging commercials.