[mythtv-users] How to enable manual transcode?

malcolms mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Mon May 31 14:26:15 EDT 2004

To do manual transcoding do I have to startup a transcode daemon or something?
The reason I ask is because when I go to rip a DVD for the first time after a
reboot I usually get an error about the transcode daemon not running and to
hit some key (I forget which) and then to try again.  Usually when I try
again it works.

So anyhow back to  my problem.  While watching a recording I hit "menu" and
the second option down is "begin transcoding".  I select that and it then
changes to "stop recording" like it's now transcoding.  I left it for over
24hours on a 1 hour recording and nothing happened.  If I go back and select
stop transcoding it says "stopping transcoding" yet the menu never changes
from having an option of "stop transcoding" like it's stuck in that state.

I'm running myth 0.15 on a 2.4Ghz celeron capturing with a pvr-250 and 350.
Playback is on an nvidia mx440.

Thanks
Malcolm