[mythtv-users] Sound Blaster

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon May 31 14:56:19 EDT 2004

Cyber Source wrote:
> Hello all,
>  I have a sound blaster Live card that I am having a very hard time
> getting to work right in Mythtv. I am using Alsa and the sound is fine
> for everything, recordings, other sound, etc. But for live tv, it is
> doubling and all off. I don't have anything in my modules.conf file
> except for the alsa stuff, and again, the sound is fine for everything
> else except live tv. Is there a setting in Mythtv that I might have wrong?

Do you mean that when you watch live-TV you hear the audio
twice but out of sync? If that is what you mean, press pause.
If you then here the audio once but continuing, that would mean
you are hearing the realtime passthru sound. You would need to
mute Line (Aux, Mic, or whatever input you are using).

--  bjm