2.6.6 w/ pcHDTV drivers was (Re: [mythtv-users] QT version 3.3.2)

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Mon May 31 16:08:51 EDT 2004

Thomas M. Pluth wrote:

>What kernel patches are you using with 2.6.6 to support the pcHDTV card?  I
>haven't been able to get it to work under mythtv on 2.6.6.   Are you running
>any special patches to mythtv to support it?  I'm running the latest CVS,
>as-is.
>
>Thanks

I'm using the 2.6.6-kernel-patch-rev-1.2 from the pchdtv web site. I see
there's a 1.3 up now, but haven't tried it yet.

ivtv, et.al  are the first drivers loaded. Next, I load bttv with
dtv_nr=32 to get /dev/dtv1 (video33) to initialize properly. I have to
use xvmc and an nvidia driver & card to decode hdtv fast enough to do
any good.

Watching live tv with my PVR350 and pcHDTV cards is a little annoying,
as you have to schedule something to busy out the ivtv recorder. This
seems the only way to get mythfrontend to use the hdtv card. Ideally, I
would like to have mythfrontend switch to whatever recorder (card) was
required to display the selected channel. Or, maybe I don't understand
how it works.

Mythtv is yesterday's cvs without any patches other than what I
mentioned about the qt full screen issue.

Steve