[mythtv-users] question about ff/rew

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 01:31:05 UTC 2004

When I was in the UK, you used to get a little thing in the corner of
the picture when a commercial was coming on.  That was good because
you sent someone to put the kettle on so it was warm when the actual
adverts were on.

Now I am in Australia, and they just jump straight to adverts, which
leaves you wandering when Tony the Tiger joined the cast of
Neighbours!!!

Dave - Absolutely no relvance at all!!!

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:13:28 -0500, Andrew Plumb <aplumb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 01:02:55 +0000, Craig Tinson <craig at 8010.co.uk> wrote:
> [deletia]
>

> > hey andrew..thanks for the reply..
> >
> > thanks for pointing out the sticky keys option.. not seen that before.
> > .will look into it..
> >
> > have never got the commercial detection working correctly.. I suspect
> > its a UK thing and how things work over here.. but thats not too
> > important..  there are *ducks* a *few* commercials I actually like
> > watching.. some make me chuckle..  would prefer just to use fast forward
> > and rewind etc..
> [rest deletia]
>
> Hi Craig,
>
> There was another setting somewhere else that let you choose between
> at least a couple of commercial detection algorithms.  Did you give
> those a try?
>
> Hopefully others may have some more UK-specific advice. :-)
>
> Andrew.
>

> --
>
> If you don't know what to do, do something.

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH