[mythtv-users] ATI TV Out

Tilman Kispersky tilman at wiredmail.org
Mon Nov 1 02:50:18 UTC 2004

I was using the gatos drivers right from the debian repository.
(http://packages.debian.org/unstable/misc/gatos)

The atitvout -f or -r didn't seem to do anything.

I'm going to guess that they aren't the ones needed to support TV out.
I supppose I'll download the ati.2 -r tv_output and try that.
Its a pain since I have to build Xfree86 with that as far as I can tell
which has some custom build proceedures as far as I can tell.

How are other people getting around the  tv out problem?
Is everyone using an Nvidia or new ATI card?