[mythtv-users] Re: OT: Zap2it Labs Email

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:38:30 UTC 2004

yeah, each data packet from data direct comes in 1 day intervals, and
your grabber for mythtv seems to grab anything from 11-13 days out,
using mythtvs instructions generally you use your settings to grab
once a day randomly sometime after 2am. then the database filler
compares and updates as needed,

this is similar to cable as with timewarner in ohio, often last minute
changes wouldnt be updated, (like football games running long or
something like that) but changed made a day or 2 ahead of time would
register, I would watch my cable boxes update around 3 am or so,
whenever they became idle, but if you turned off your cablebox and it
started to update, your box was disabled for about 3 minutes