[mythtv-users] Please unsub users from borganism.com

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Nov 1 19:05:36 UTC 2004

On Monday 01 November 2004 09:41, IvanK. wrote:
> On Monday 01 November 2004 12:08 pm, Andrew Plumb wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:41:08 -0700, Shawn Asmussen
> > <shawn.asmussen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [deletia]
> >
> > > Don't know if the GPG sig has anything to do with it, but I think that
> > > there IS something about your messages that triggers spam filters.
> >
> > [rest deletia]
> >
> > Nah, I suspect it's just because he posts too much to the lists.  No
> > real person has THAT much free time on their hands

I gotta stop spending so much time on this list then, because I never feel
like I have any free time... (Fortunately, I can write while at work).

> > so he must be a spammer. ;-)

This could be more true than anyone thinks... (evil grin)

> Heh, I was thinking the same thing -- perhaps Jarod is some kind of a proof
> of concept highly optimized AI knowledge base system

Interesting coincidence that the genius main character in "The Pretender" was
also named Jarod, and even spelled the same? I think not... :-)

Actually, my job means I spend 50+ hours a week working with Linux outside of
Myth, so I know my way around pretty well. And I type fast. Keyboarding was
the best class I ever took in high school. It was even on old-school IBM
Selectric typewriters -- they changed over to computers the next year.

> never needing sleep

Definitely need it, never get enough though. That's what caffeine is for (as I
take another pull on a fresh can of Coke)...

> or nourishment

IV drip. :-)

> just producing teriffic mythtv documentation.

I'm actually badly in need of spending some time on it, haven't touched a
thing in a month and a half...

> Seriously, my spam assassin's spam level of Jarod's emails is -1.4.  So if
> google's spam filter finds something wrong with his emails, it's google's
> problem.

I'm surprised to hear Google hits on my messages. I'll have to dust off my
gmail account. As it happens, I'm *still* getting message after message from
the borg. I guess it may be time for some dev-nulling...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...