[mythtv-users] Myth frontend on USB / Jump Drive ?

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 01:04:44 UTC 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:34:25 -0500, Bob Jones wrote:
> That's a great idea. I hope somebody picks up in it. (Non-coder)
>
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:47:22 -0700, Jeff Hellzen <jhellzen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone explored using a USB / Jump / Key drive as a bootable Myth
> > frontend?  Just like KnoppMyth less the CD.

I've looked into this before but stopped after I realized the computer
I was trying to boot off my USB pen did not have a BIOS that supported
booting from USB.

At any rate, here is a howto with some good info.

http://rz-obrian.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/knoppix-usb/

People are booting knoppix from USB pens.  The question I have is if
you could get KnoppMyth to boot from a USB pen.

Geoff