[mythtv-users] using AC3..

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Nov 2 07:31:46 UTC 2004

On Monday 01 November 2004 15:20, henk willems wrote:
> Jarod, what did you change to that asoundrc?

The only things I changed were the pcm.digital-hw device number, per the aplay
-l output on my system, and uncomment the necessary stuff at the top for my
default output to be digital-hw.

# Override the default output used by ALSA.
# If you do not override the default, your default
# device is identical to the (unmixed) analog device
# shown below.  If you prefer mixed and/or digital
# output, uncomment the appropriate four lines below
# (only one slave.pcm line).
pcm.!default {
  type plug
## Uncomment the following to use mixed analog by default
#  slave.pcm "dmix-analog"
## Uncomment the following to use unmixed digital by default
  slave.pcm "digital-hw"
## Uncomment the following to use mixed digital by default
#  slave.pcm "dmix-digital"
}
[...]
# Alias for digital (S/PDIF) output on the nForce2 (hw:0,2)
# Do not use this directly--it requires specific rate,
# channels, and format
pcm.digital-hw {
 type hw
 card 0
 device 0
}
[...]

> Or better yet, could you send me yours :)

I'll see to posting my full config on my site in the near future...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...