[mythtv-users] .16 to current CVS causes Complete machine lock.

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Nov 2 14:28:38 UTC 2004

Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> Ben Brown wrote:
>
>> I've reported this several times but never get any feedback.  .16 -
>> Current
>> CVS causes complete and total machine lockups.  The machine this is
>> happening with has been running Mythtv since .10.  I can run .15 from
>> a few
>> days prior to the .16 release and it runs fine.  If I run any version of
>> mythtv after the .16 the machine randomly locks.  I think it is in the
>> commit on Mon Sep  6 19:43:59 2004.  I can run the build just before
>> this
>> without lockups, but if I run anything after it I get the problems
>> listed
>> above.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
>

> Not that it helps you, but .16 is the first version I ever used and
> it surely is very unstable. The fact that current 2.6.10-rc has
> problems with the actual modules does not help either...
>
> 2.6.9 was more stable, but mythtv .16 was always bad. Just one simple
> example: here (in Canberra Australia) if I tune my AverMedia DVB-T-771
> to ABC HD, the backend crashes quietly.

It would help instead of just mentioning this issue to build from CVS
with debugging enabled as per the documentation and try to submit an
actual bug report.  I have 0.16 CVS running since 0.16 release and it is
rock solid.  You are probably experiencing problems related to your
particular hardware and/or kernel that should be debugged.

Kevin