[mythtv-users] The sub $500 mythbox

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Wed Nov 3 04:12:20 UTC 2004

Sorry David,

that box is windows for my wife's Sims 2 fix.  I have a dual set up at
work with a single Matrox G450 and it's completely different from
Jarod's setup.  My only other dual monitor systems at work and home are
running windows for java development using Eclipse.

Twinview obviously bypasses traditional X's Xinerama configuration, so
you're better off using Jarod's config.  With Xinerama you actually have
to specify two screens in the "ServerLayout" section.  Then two vid
cards and two monitors.  I suspect Xinerama was designed for dual VGA
cards, not single VGA cards with dual outputs, which is why you're
having trouble setting it up.

Good luck.

Yan