[mythtv-users] how ot to use buildin myth power/sleep/wakeup features

anders smith anders at smiths.dk
Wed Nov 3 08:41:37 UTC 2004

I've been hunting around for a while looking for some guidance on the myth powermanagement stuff.

I'd really love to activate it so I can have the backend go to sleep or shutdown when it isn't needed, but I simply can't find any info and the pages in setup gives me tentalizing hints, but no understanding.... ;-)

ACPI is activated on the backend box and I use it to power off (nicely via 'shutdown -n etc) using the box's powerbutton so it should work with my soyo 7vem MB (via based with c3 processor), but how do I set the backend box to do all the other nice stuff like wake at the request of the front end and wake at recording etc.

Sorry if this is obvious, but....I guess I'm a n00b... ;-)

thanks
anders

ps running with 0.16, fc2, atrpms