[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber - Adelaide Mods

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Wed Nov 3 11:50:08 UTC 2004

Michael Cheshire (Mailing Lists) wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I've modified that script for Adelaide (and done another one for
> Foxtel) and it seems to work for the most part, however i get missing
> data in some areas - script and errors attatched - any ideas from any
> coders out there?
[trimmed]

> Errors I get running the script :
>
> 7, /tmp/tvguide.fta/guide.xml
> readline() on closed filehandle DETAILS at /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line
> 345.
> /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line 220.
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line 221.
> /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line 226.
> /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line 264.
> /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line 265.
> readline() on closed filehandle DETAILS at /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line
> 345.
> /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line 220.
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line 221.
> /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line 226.
> /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line 264.
> /usr/bin/tv_guide_au_fta line 265.
> title element: not writing empty content for title at
> /usr/share/perl5/XMLTV.pm line 1730.
> bad data inside programme element, not writing
> title element: not writing empty content for title at
> /usr/share/perl5/XMLTV.pm line 1730.
> bad data inside programme element, not writing

These errors are a result of a failed 'open'. The script does not check for success.
The scripts I posted recently does check, however I am rather sure that
the value I return is not of the correct type (any perlovers out there?).

As for why the open fails, I do not know. I am waiting for a failure
to see the message. Maybe an invalid file name is generated when
a malformed document is fetched?

BTW, posting the script inline in html makes it impossible to extract.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>