[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:22:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:42:28 -0600, Buchanan, Paul (West)
<paul.buchanan at thomson.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 02, 2004 4:33 PM, mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
> wrote:
> >
> > --snip--
> > 2004-11-01 22:29:27 IOBOUND - blocking in ThreadedFileWriter::Write()
> > 2004-11-01 22:29:28 IOBOUND - blocking in ThreadedFileWriter::Write()
> > --end-snip--
>

> I have experienced the same thing with my setup.  If you are recording to either a XFS or a ReiserFS filesystem, you may try freeing up some space.  When my /video partition reaches over 90% full, my backend will almost always crash with IOBOUND messages.  This doesn't seem to happen with ext3, but then you have to deal with slow file deletions.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback.  Ironically, I am using ext3, however I'm
using it in LVM, so that may be more of a contributing factor.  I've
been doing some nuvexport stuff on a remote machine (same local
network though), so the NFS activity may be hammering the backend a
bit more than usual too.  And yes, I think I am past that 90%
threshold (about 18GB left);  I really should archive some stuff off
to DVD. :-)

Andrew.

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.