[mythtv-users] pvr 350 Config "Failed To open /dev/video0: Cannot Allocate Memory"

John Thomas jwt9478 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:17:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:38:22 -0800 (PST), Ritesh Israni
<riteshny at yahoo.com> wrote:
> i tried /usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0x3000 as mytvtv and root and got
> the same results.
>
> I was unable to unload or load the saa7127 as mythtv.
>

> --- Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 02 November 2004 17:47, Ritesh Israni wrote:
> > > When i run
> > >
> > > /usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0x3000
> > > I get an error
> > > "Failed to open /dev/video0: Cannot allocate memory"
> > > I tried using the -d w/ /dev/video1-3 and get no such
> > device.
> > >

> > > /bin/dmesg |grep ivtv
> > > Replies with alot of buffer errors
> > >
> > > "ivtv: No memory on buffer alloc!
> > > ivtv: Buffer alloc failed!"
> > >
> > > and it continues on a couple of time.  I did not comment out
> > the
> > > ivtv_fb line.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help in advance.
> >
> > Try it as user mythtv instead of as root. A number of others
> > have reported the
> > same, I just haven't had time to update anything lately.
> >
> > --
> > Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
> > jcw at wilsonet.com
> >
> > Got a question? Read this first...
> >      http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> > MythTV, Fedora Core & ATrpms documentation:
> >      http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/
> >

> > ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature
>

> =====
> riteshny at yahoo.com
> www.risrani.com

I had the same errors using my PVR-250 under FC2.  Eventually I gave
up and just reverted back to FC1 without any problems.

There have been a number of users (including me) that have had the
same problem and posted the same question, but with no explainable
solution.  Here are some below:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/89276?do=post_view_threaded
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/89245?do=post_view_threaded

None of the solutions ended up working for me, so that's why I just
reverted back to FC1.  Hopefully, you'll be able to get something out
of them.

Good luck!!!