[mythtv-users] Zap2it Subscription

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:34:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 06:30:14 -0500, Jack Trout wrote:

> Well I have looked into getting directv without purchasing my own
> equipment and having it installed rule #1 seems that its a 1-3 year
> commitment depending on the plan and what goodies they give you

When looking at sat boxes, be sure to be thinking about changing
channels on them.  Life is much easier with serial ports.

> #2 You have a 2 Choices, To pay a rent amount between 3.95-6.95 per
> box per month, or agree to leave your boxes connected to a phone line
> constantly, seeing they would make money off payper view regardless,
> the only thing of use that could come out of your directv boxes would
> be usage data,

I didn't know that you could leave them connected and not pay the
$5.00 (what I pay per month).  I was told that my boxes needed to be
connected via phone when the guy installed my equipment, but as soon
as he left, I ripped out the phone lines.  That was about a year and a
half ago.  I've heard nothing from DirecTV.

Geoff