[mythtv-users] repost: System buildup recommendation

Mike D'Ambrogia miked at jamagination.com
Wed Nov 3 17:33:48 UTC 2004

Apparently when I sent this last night it ended up threaded incorrectly
due to the way I composed the email - apologies for the duplication to
those who have already seen this.  I was encouraged to resend it as a
fresh thread.

---------------

All,

New MythTv user, no system built yet, but I'd like to bring a MythTv
unit mainly as a TV recorder/playback device into my existing setup :

DirecTV box
Sony DVD w/CD and MP3 capabilities
Harmon Kardon AVR210 home theatre reciever
PS2 game center
26" Sharp TV

I'd like to keep all the existing equip functioning in the new setup.
I'm planning to build the first MythTv unit to serve as both the master
and a frontend, and expanding to a second frontend at a later date. I'd
like to be able to record from DVD and also from the DirecTv on one
channel while having pause, fast-forward and rewind control of live
DirecTv on another channel.

Right now everything comes into the Harmon Kardon and then out to
speakers/woofer and TV.

Any suggestions on how to put this together with MythTv? MB size and
speed? Assuming 2 Hauppauge PVR-250/350 cards simultanious play and
record. Will all this work in this fashion or do I need to rethink which
parts will work? How does the PS2 integrate? Is there a doc/URL that I
havn't seen that goes more in depth on putting this together?

Appreciate any and all info,

Mike