[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

David Collett david.collett at dart.net.au
Fri Nov 5 00:27:02 UTC 2004

While we're on the topic of threading and not abusing webservers...

Whilst I havent really read the code, I would expect that this script
could in fact be modified to used as many as 5 or so different web
servers at the same time. This is because ninemsn, seven, yahoo, tvweek
etc, etc all use the same region, channel and program id's because they
are all syndicating hww 's data. Perhaps we could produce an uber-script
which simultaneously grabs data from all of them, thus reducing the
impact on any one server and making it more fault tollerant in the
process.

Dave