[mythtv-users] Stuttering video on playback

Phil Bridges phil at gravityhammer.com
Fri Nov 5 02:35:04 UTC 2004

Hello, all.  Hopefully somebody can help me with the problem I'm having.

For some reason, after my MythBox has been up for a couple of days, my
playback video is jerky.  The audio is fine.  This doesn't happen
immediately after I reboot, but I have been up for about two-and-a-half days
now, and it's jerky once again.

I'm running 0.16 (non-CVS), with a PVR-250 and a M179.  I have a GF4MX
running VGA out to a 27" monitor.  I am using FC1; only Myth runs on this
machine (though I do share drives via Samba).  I have tried fiddling around
with the delinterlace options, but that doesn't help.

After rebooting, playback of all of my files works fine, so I don't think
it's a recording issue.

In addition, when I do reboot using either "reboot" or "shutdown -r now",
the system hangs at "sending all processes the term signal", and I have to
use the rest button on the computer.

Any suggestions as to how to track down what is causing my problem?