[mythtv-users] Change location of recordings

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:50:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:09:43 -0500, PAUL WILLIAMSON
<pwilliamson at mandtbank.com> wrote:
> I'm running the .16 release (non-CVS) and I've got a quick question.
>
> I'd like to change the location of the recorded TV shows, but
> I'm hesitant to do so without checking here first.  I know I
> can easily move the recordings to their new home and
> I can update the location for the recordings through
> the setup,  but I am just making sure that's all I need
> to do.  I'm sure it's not, because I'd bet there is
> something I need to do in the database.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this, or is there a
> script somewhere in myth that will move the
> recordings, adjust the location in the setup
> and make the changes in the database?
>
> Any tips or tricks would be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Actually I don't think there's anything you need to adjust manually.
A quick grep on a recent db dump showed my video location only used
one place:

INSERT INTO settings VALUES ('RecordFilePrefix','/home/video','mythtv');

Moving the files and changing the file location should work fine.