[mythtv-users] Sound problem with Realtek ALC650 rev.3

J. Zachmann zander at wolke7.net
Fri Nov 5 19:40:11 UTC 2004

Hello,

after several weeks trying to get the sound working now I found a
solution. But I think that's not the way it should work.

My gnomealsamixer settings:
Caputer: rec. enabled
Video: mute

Now the problem. The sound works if I start xawtv before I start mythtv
and leave it running while using mythtv. There is no delay - as it would
be if the sound would come directly from xawtv. So if I start xawtv there
is also no sound until I start the TV application of mythtv.

Is there any way of setting up mythtv that I don't use xawtv anymore? And
is there any possibility to use mythtv without changing the settings of
the gnomealsamixer when using mythtv so that I also can use xawtv without
changing the mixer setting?

Greetings
Jo