[mythtv-users] Australian HOWTO?

Markus Buchanan markusb at netspace.net.au
Sat Nov 6 10:07:59 UTC 2004

Thanks for the reply so quickly...

Tried what you suggested and get back the following and recieved the
FE_HAS_LOCK message then when I try to play the tv as you suggest I get:

>From Xine:

bash-2.05b# xine stdin://mpeg2 < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.9.23.
(c) 2000-2003 The xine Team.
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
Cannot open display

and with mplayer:

bash-2.05b$ mplayer - < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
bash: /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0: Permission denied

Now I guess the devices are set up for root access only, so what's the
best option for allowing all users access without compromising anything?

thanks for the help, I've been considering tearing my hair out!

cheers

Markus