[mythtv-users] Re: Re: Re: WinMyth Help!

Ofer Achler oachler at ucsd.edu
Sat Nov 6 17:07:35 UTC 2004

> Working:
> 1) I can watch recorded shows,
> 2) TV Listings semi work, I can see the channel names, but i can't see
> any episodes or tv shows, it's jut blank.

The data for the show names comes from the dsmyth filter.  if you cannot
see the names using the filter interface (via graphedit), then they wont
show in winmyth.

> Not working
> 1) When I watch a recorded show in its own window, I can't exit, the
> close button on both winmyth and the video don't work

Thats pretty strange, the program is open source, you can send me a bug
report =)
http://winmyth.sourceforge.net

> 2) Live TV freezes after about 1 second

That is also a DSMyth problem.  http://dsmyth.sourceforge.net
I haven't had this problem for a while, so maybe your using an older
version?

> 3) TV Listings not quite working (see above)

Are show listings not working or are recorded show listings not
working?  If its the show listings that arent working, you may still
have a mysql problem or the settings for the mysql server may still be
off in winmyth.  Winmyth gets the show listings directly from the mysql
database on your backend, but you must modify your backend machines
mysql configuration to allow remote users to connect to it.

> 4) Set List Properties sometimes causes exceptions.

Funky.

> 5) The GUI is mad ugly, is this open source? Maybe I can lend this
> guy a hand, did a bunch of .NET GUI stuff for a project.

Hehe, open source @ http://winmyth.sourceforge.net

-- Ofer Achler