[mythtv-users] Remote control problem!

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Mon Nov 8 09:02:51 UTC 2004

Op ma, 08-11-2004 te 07:00 +0100, schreef Mats Cedergren:
> After I tried to compile and install CVS based version I can't get my remote
> to work in mythtv.
>
> I have reinstalled mythtv-suite,lirc and lirc kernel module and when I try
> "irw" i works as it should (getting response when I press buttons on the
> remote). However it does not work with menues inside myth. After I used the
> keyboard to start a movie, I can control mplayer with the remote but once
> I'm back in myth, I can't do anything again.
>
> Anybody got a clue to the source of my problem?

My guess would be that you compiled the CVS version without enabling
lirc in the settings.pro file in the mythtv folder (this is disabled by
default).
If you say reinstalling from apt-get didn't fix it would probably mean
you have 2 versions on your system at the moment (probably one
in /usr/local/bin wich is the default CVS location and one in /usr/bin
wich is the default location for the RPM install)
I would suggest removing the RPM's and reinstalling CVS compiled with
lirc support.

Steven