[mythtv-users] ATI Radeon Linux TV Support

Prash getprashman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:06:39 UTC 2004

ATI is not there with linux drivers yet. Their beta drivers are now
available with rpm.livna.org now. Ask and research well on
http://www.rage3d.com before you buy. It depends if 3d acceleration
and tvout is well supported on the type of ATI card you're buying.

Nvidia moves much faster. My advice would be to use nvidia altho I use
ATI myself. ATI have recently started recruiting new linux developers
(so they say) and Matthew Tippett is leading the team. But they don't
disclose their release schedule which is pretty annoying. They are
working on it but it is not mature yet.

HTH