[mythtv-users] Re: Unreadable UI... Help!

Andrew Wilson agwilson at rhetorical.com
Mon Nov 8 16:08:30 UTC 2004

Hmmm. I did try changing themes and back again. I've gone between blue
and GANT, and changed all sorts of things in both qtlook.txt files to no
effect.

The reason I don't think the problem is in this file is for various
reasons. The problem is in every theme I choose, not just any particular
one. Even using 'blue' theme or 'titivus' I get the same light beige
background shading on the dropdown boxes, with white (or almost white) text.
The theme qtlook.txt files are exactly as in the myth CVS, so if it was
a general problem, other people would be having them.

I thought it might have something to do with an overriding KDE setting
on my machine, but it also appears the same if I use XFCE. I must admit
I don't get the relationship between QT and KDE on this level so I may
be way off the mark here. I will maybe try running it in twm and see
what happens. If it's any help, I'm running an hd-install of Knoppix 3.6
with various customisations..

Juan, thanks for your help - I really appreciate it.

Andrew