[mythtv-users] don't think it's possible, but I'll ask anyway

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Mon Nov 8 18:40:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 13:19, sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com wrote:
> Is there a way to schedule recordings using different compression rates?

Yes, you should select different recording profiles in the recording
options, and then set the profiles as you see fit.

Last I checked, you were limited to a fixed set of profiles (High, Low,
default, Live), but you should be able to make do with those.

Unless something changed, you can't transcode to different
bit-rates/dimensions based on recording profile or source resolution.
(i.e., you can't transcode HDTV differently from regular TV easily.)

--PC