[mythtv-users] Uh-oh... pcHDTV slashdotted

Dan Lanciani ddl5 at danlan.com
Tue Nov 9 04:33:03 UTC 2004

Wendy Seltzer <wendy at seltzer.com> wrote:

|At 3:51 PM -0500 11/8/04, Paul Kidwell wrote:

Of course, that's what they said about pre-flag set top boxes as well.  See
my comments in the other thread or:

http://www.samsungusa.com/stb_upgrade/

or ask about MDR-200s.  (Are there any other boxes with FireWire out?)

Makes me wonder if they chose the format of the flag to cause problems with
pre-DRM implementations.  I hope there isn't anything in the big binary-only
firmware arrays in the pcHDTV drivers that will be similarly affected...

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl at danlan.*com