[mythtv-users] Multiple video file locations?

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Tue Nov 9 10:18:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 09:01:36AM +0100, j2 wrote:
> > The video directories is easy in my myth xboxen I have the video
> >directory setup to look at  /mnt/store/video
> >Then you make links in that /mnt/store/video to say /mnt/movies &
> >/mnt/video_clip
> >I have those mounted on NFS shares but it's the same as samba essentially
>
> Ah, sorry, but what i meant was i would like to use the _local_ DVD-drive
> in my mythbox. And i cant create a link in a directory that is already a
> share, can i?

I do that fairly often. I use the tree view (dunno if that matters). You
have to enable scanning from the filesystem:
     setup->mythvideo->videolist browses files
There also is 'newly scanned files browsable by default' on the same
screen, I think you'll need that too...
In the general setup you'll need to flag monitor cd/dvd (or mount the
thing yourself).

Leo.