[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD-3000 in the house

Tue Nov 9 16:29:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, David George wrote:

> On 11/08/2004 07:32 PM, John Patrick Poet wrote:
>

> > Took the afternoon off to play with my new HD-3000 card.
> >
> > The "new" drivers that come with it are suppose to support both the
> > HD-2000 and the HD-3000.  Unlike the previous drivers, you do not
> > "patch" your kernel -- you just build and install, and your done.   In
> > theory.
>
> Have you tried the HD2000 and HD3000 in the same system?  Just wondering
> if they will co-exist.  Looks like I will have some work to do to make
> them work with ivtv because the pcHDTV tuner module doesn't support the
> newer PVR tuners.  I haven't looked into it any further to see what else
> needs to be updated.
>
> --
> David

They supply a new driver for both the HD-2000 and HD-3000 cards.  They are
suppose to work fine in the same system.  Jack says he has both cards
working fine in the same system.

I cannot get the new driver to work with the HD-2000, however.  Jack says he
will work on the problem this weekend.

John