[mythtv-users] queston to the wilsonet.com fc2 crontab

anders smith 4nders at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 19:41:42 UTC 2004

I'm looking at my crontab entry trying to figure out what the
different element do... especially the '2>&1' that comes in the end.
I'm sorry if it's a silly n00b question but I'm having some problems
with mythfilldatabase not running right (multible threads and
balloning memory use) and would like to understand all the parts to
correctly fix it

thanks
anders

for reference here is the wilsonet.com crontab:
### Run mythfilldatabase every night at some random time after 2:30am
30 2 * * * sleep $(expr $RANDOM \% 14400) && mythfilldatabase >
/var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log 2>&1